(Please Scroll Down the Webpage to See More)
WV Dance, Inc.
** Please Email us at email@example.com if you would like to join our email mailing list.
** Check out testimonials from students who have attended our ballroom dancing weekends and other events by clicking here.
** Check out testimonials from people who have used our DJ services by clicking here.
Ballroom Dance Weekend at Stonewall Resort January 24-26, 2014
Please join us January 24-26, 2014 for a Ballroom Dancing Weekend at the beautiful Stonewall Resort, West Virginia in Roanoke, West Virginia (Yes, that’s Roanoke, West Virginia, not Roanoke, Virginia!). Stonewall Resort is located at 940 Resort Drive, Roanoke, West Virginia, 26447. Please call Stonewall at 304-269-7400 to reserve your spot for this weekend today. (A limited number of spaces are available for this weekend.) The price for the Ballroom Dancing package is $349.99 /double occupancy plus 12% tax and a $8 resort fee for the weekend. There is no single occupancy rate as this weekend is designed for people who come to the weekend with a dance partner. The rate includes a $14 resort fee plus the following benefits: (a) two nights of accommodations in one room for two people, (b) participation in all ballroom dancing instruction and two evening dances for two people, (c) Breakfast for two at Stillwater’s on Saturday and Sunday mornings, (d) use of all fitness center workout equipment including steam room and sauna as well as the outdoor fire pit (please note that the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs will not be available for use during this particular weekend due to planned renovation, (e) Free access to high speed wired and wireless Internet, (f) Use of the Business Center.
More information about the weekend, including whether each class is geared toward beginning or intermediate dancers, is noted below. More information about Stonewall Resort is located at www.stonewallresort.com
As mentioned above, our Ballroom Dancing weekend will include two dances and multiple workshops. The following is the itinerary for the weekend:
Schedule for Ballroom and Latin Dance Weekend at Stonewall Resort on January 24, 25, and 26, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
6:10-6:30 p.m. Check in for class in the Stonewall Ballroom, located in the Main Lodge
6:30-7:00 p.m. Complete Beginners Technique Workshop
7:00-7:45 p.m. Beginners Salsa Dance lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
7:45-8:00 p.m. Break
8:00-8:45 p.m. Choose ONE of the following: (a) For Beginning Dancers: Dance Practice Time Re: Salsa Dance in the Birch Room (b) For Intermediate Dancers: Intermediate Salsa Dance Lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
8:45-9:00 p.m. Break
9:00-11:00 p.m. Ballroom and Latin Dance with WV Dance, Inc. as the Deejay. Cash Bar Available.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
7:00-10:00 a.m. Breakfast (Included in Package).
10:00-11:00 a.m. Beginners Waltz Dance Lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
11:00-11:10 a.m Break and Practice Time
11:10-12:00 p.m. Choose ONE of the two following sessions: (a) For Beginning Dancers: Practice Time in the Birch Room Re: Waltz lessons (b) For Intermediate Dancers: Intermediate Waltz Lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch (Not Included in Package)
1:30-2:00 p.m. Beginners East Coast Swing dance lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
2:00-2:30 p.m. Choose ONE of the following: (a) For Beginning Dancers: Dance Practice Time RE: East Coast Swing lessons. In the Birch Room (b) For Intermediate Dancers: Intermediate East Coast Swing Dance lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
2:30-3:00 p.m. Recap of lessons taught and Practice Time in the Stonewall Ballroom.
3:00-6:00 p.m. Enjoy the Resort’s amenities (See notes below for when these activities are available throughout the year.)
6:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Dinner (Not included in Package) (Stonewall suggests that you make reservations if you wish to eat in Stillwaters Restaurant for dinner)
8:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Ballroom and Latin Dance with WV Dance as the DJ. Cash Bar available.
Sunday, January 26, 2013
7:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast (Included in your package).
12 noon. Checkout. However, if you wish, you may add on extra room nights to your package.
(1) Beginners Classes are designed for those people who are either complete beginners, who have not danced very much, or who wish to brush up on their basic skills. While intermediate and advanced dancers are not discouraged from attending the beginners classes, please realize that we will be going over very basic information in those classes.
(2) Intermediate classes are designed for those people who have a fairly significant amount of dance experience. While beginning dancers are not discouraged from attending these intermediate workshops, please be advised that we will be moving fairly quickly in these workshops and if you are a beginning dancer you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the pace. Therefore, if you wish, you are encouraged to attend the beginners practice sessions that will be held during the time that the intermediate classes are being held.
(3) All dance lessons and dances for this weekend will take place in the Stonewall Ballroom and/or the Birch Room. Both of these rooms are located in the main lodge at Stonewall.
(4) The address for Stonewall Resort is 940 Resort Drive, Roanoke, West Virginia, 26447. You may make reservations for the ballroom dancing weekend at Stonewall by calling them directly at 888-278-8150 or by making reservations online at: www.stonewallresort.com/wv_deals/ballroom-dancing-2012. You may also wish to visit Stonewall’s website at www.stonewallresort.com to learn more about what amenities that Stonewall has to offer.
(5) Stonewall serves meals in its Stillwaters Restaurant at the following times: Breakfast: 7-10:30 a.m., Lunch: 11-3 p.m. Dinner: 5-9 p.m. Lunch and Dinner are also available in the TJ Muskies restaurant / bar area which is across from Stillwaters. Both restaurants are located on the bottom floor of the main lodge. Reservations are recommended for Stillwaters Restaurant, especially for dinner; you may make reservations for the Restaurant by calling 304-269-8880. The Stillwaters Breakfast Kiosk for two people on Saturday and Sunday morning are included in your package. No other meals are included in your package.
(6) Each package includes the following benefits: (a) two nights of accommodations, (b) participation in all ballroom dancing instruction, practice time, and two dances, (c) Breakfast for two at Stillwater’s Kiosk on Saturday and Sunday mornings, (d) use of kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, life jackets, bicycles, Little Sorrel boat cruise, all fitness center workout equipment including indoor swimming pool, steam room and sauna; all recreational game equipment including horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball and more (weather permitting), (e) Free access to high speed wired and wireless Internet, and (f) Free use of the Business Center. Kayaks, Canoes, and paddleboats can all be used at the resort starting March 31.
(7) There is no dress code for the weekend. You may wear whatever you wish to wear for both the dance classes as well as the dances themselves. However, we do suggest you wear leather or suede soled shoes to facilitate movement on the dance floor. We suggest that you not wear rubber soled shoes such as tennis shoes.
(8) Stonewall Resort features an excellent spa called the Mountain Laurel Spa. Spa Services are not included in the package price; however, you may wish to independently book certain spa services that you can enjoy in addition to your ballroom dancing weekend activities at Stonewall Resort by contacting the Spa at 304-269-8881.
(9) You can golf at Stonewall resort between March 31 and December 14. Please contact the Golf Pro Shop at 304-269-8885, or make reservations online at www.stonewallresort.com, if you wish to golf at Stonewall during those times and while you are visiting Stonewall during our ballroom dancing weekend.
(10) For those of you interested in taking a cruise on Stonewall Lake, be sure to book an excursion on the Little Sorrel, Stonewall’s 75 foot, 100 passenger excursion boat - the only vessel of its kind in West Virginia. (available in season, only). The season for this starts in April.
Tuesday Night Beginners' Group Dance Lessons in Charleston, West Virginia
Our Tuesday night group dance lessons for ballroom dancing students are currently taking place at the University of Charleston in Charleston, West Virginia on Tuesdays.
On November 19, December 3, and December 10, we will teach a Beginners 1 class in Quickstep from 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. and a Beginners 2 class in Ballad from 7:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. PLEASE NOTE: We will NOT have class on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. Also, the class on December 3 will take place in the Riggleman Hall Rotunda, not the Geary Ballroom. The class on December 10 will take place in the Geary Ballroom. We will then take a Christmas break from lessons and will start back with new classes in January 2014.
Classes will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014. We will teach on Monday evenings in the year 2014 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. We will teach 3 weeks of Foxtrot on January 6, 13, and 20. We will then teach 3 weeks of Merengue on January 27, February 3, and February 10. We will teach 4 weeks of Cha Cha on February 17, 24, March 3, and March 10. (NO CLASS ON MARCH 17). We will teach 4 weeks of Tango on March 24, 31, April 7, and April 14 followed by 3 weeks of Bolero on April 21, April 28, and May 5.
For general community members, lessons are $10/person, or you may choose to buy a package of lessons. For the classes that are 4 weeks in length, you may purchase a package of 4 lessons for $35/person or a package of 8 lessons for $70/person. For the classes that are 3 weeks in length, you may purchase a package of 3 lessons for $25/person or a package of 6 lessons for $50/person. Lessons are free for University of Charleston students, staff, and faculty. Lessons are held in the 3rd floor ballroom of the Geary Student Union at the University of Charleston. Click here for a map of the University of Charleston or click here for directions to the University. No experience is required for these lessons and we recommend that you wear shoes with either a suede or leather sole to the lessons. You do not need to bring a partner with you to lessons, but it would be helpful to bring one if you have one. NOTE: PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS IS SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SO THAT YOU MAY PROPERLY REGISTER FOR CLASS.
Getting ready to get married? Want to get more advanced instruction than you can get in a group class? Afraid to be seen by others while taking lessons? Private lessons can be an excellent option for you. Private lessons are taught in the Kanawha City section of Charleston. Private Lessons are for 1 or 2 people and are $45/hour. If two couples wish to take private lessons during the same hour, the cost would be $90/hour. Contact us today at 304-984-1939 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can take private lessons from us. Please Note our new policy on Cancellation of Private Lessons: (Policy effective June 18, 2009). If you schedule a private lesson with us and cancel your lesson within 24 hours of your lesson, or you do not show up for your lesson (for whatever reason), you will owe 50% of the cost of your lesson. For example, if the cost of your scheduled private lesson was $45, you will owe $22.50. (Note that this policy does not apply to group lessons. Please note that if you prepay for a group lesson and miss the group lesson, you forfeit the entire amount of the group lesson that you miss. For example, if you pay for a package of 6 weeks of lessons, and you miss one of the weeks of lessons, you forfeit the amount of the one lesson you missed (but you do not forfeit the amount of the other lessons and you can still come to the remaining lessons.)
Small Group Lessons
If 4 or more people wish to take lessons from us to learn how to dance for a wedding, special event, or just wish to learn how to dance in general outside of the scheduled group lessons that we offer, we can work with you to provide you with small group lessons. Contact us for more information about pricing and locations available for small group lessons.
Our gift certificates make a good stocking stuffer or a good gift for other special occasions throughout the year. If you're interested in giving our dance lessons as a gift to your parents, children, brothers, sisters, other relatives, or your friends, please send payment to: "WV Dance, 5818 Sissonville Drive, Charleston, WV, 25312" and indicate the address to which the gift certificates should be returned along with the names of the people who will be receiving the gift certificates. We accept both cash and checks but do not accept credit cards.
We now offer instructional DVDs in beginners Ballad, East Coast Swing, Foxtrot, Nightclub Two Step, Rumba, and Waltz. Click here for information on the Dance Instructional DVDs that we offer and to learn how you can purchase our Instructional DVDs.
We provide a unique blend of lighting, music, and interactive DJ services. Contact us today to find out how we can provide Deejay Services for your wedding reception, corporate function, or other party! (Please note that we do require a 50%, non-refundable deposit for a DJ engagement. In the event that you book us for an event and then decide that you no longer wish for us to DJ your event, this deposit will not be refunded to you. Deposits are required by no later than 60 days prior to the date of your event, or the date that you contract with us for your event (whichever date comes later). Deposits should be made payable to "WV Dance, Inc." and should be mailed to us at 5818 Sissonville Drive, Charleston, WV, 25312. If we do not receive your deposit, we will have no obligation to entertain at your event.)
Click here to check out our updated friends page listing merchants who may be of use to you.